Mastodon Batting Cage (Double Stall)
This Mastodon Batting Cage (Double Stall) system includes 8.625″ outside diameter structural steel pipes coated with the same finish used on the Alaska Pipeline. It has fewer components and offers free and clear spans up to 85′ in either direction without significant sag. The poles come completely prepared to accept our tensioning hardware. The cable tensioning system ensures that your net will hang properly and needs no special tools.
Cable Tension System:
Our Mastodon Batting Cage (Double Stall) cable tension system uses galvanized hardware including 3/16″ aircraft cable, cable clamps, thimble eye nuts, eye bolts, institutional grade threaded rod, and curved washers. In order to achieve the proper cable tension, the poles in the system shown have 11.5′ exposed and approximately 4.5′ in the ground. There are some custom options available, such as larger diameter cable (for larger structures) – call for more information and additional pricing.
Structural Steel Pole System:
The Mastodon Batting Cage (Double Stall) poles are dipped with a STRYK 5388 corrosion-resistant finished, and sealed with a welded top cap preventing internal corrosion. The STRYK 5388 finish forms a solid coating which bonds to the substrate, preventing corrosion even if the coating is scratched or damaged. STRYK 5388 is a thick rust-inhibiting coating used on the Alaska pipeline with a high degree of impermeability to moisture. The finish remains highly flexible and elastic in extreme temperatures. It will not support fungal growth in humid or water-immersed environments or crack in extreme weather conditions.
Free! 7′ x 7′ Heavy Duty L-Screen:
- 7’x 7′ Heavy Duty 2″ dia. Frame with vertical support for torsional strength
- Arched frame legs mean better stability on uneven surfaces
- #60 PE Square-Hung slide on pillowcase style net
- Rubber end caps for legs protect floors and/or turf
- Two-piece pad kit (included) to protect the pitcher on follow-through.
- Black powder coat finish for superior protection against the elements
- Rubber end caps for legs to protect floors and/or turf.
- Optional Wheel Kit available
Free! “BP Catcher”:
- 3′ X 4′ 18 oz. High Quality Vinyl Net Saver
- Place behind home plate to speed up practice
- Practice pitching with this Life-Like Pitching Target
- Great for Soft Toss w/full size Catch Net
- Frames Sold Separately
Free! Heavy Duty Vinyl Pitching Target:
- 5’x 7′ Heavy Duty Vinyl Backdrop
- Dramatically extend the life of your batting cage
- Painted white stripes indicate the strike zone
Single-Stall Batting Cage Available